Blogging For Mind

Xikar Xi1 Cigar Cutter Titanium

Share on :
XI1 Cutter, Titanium
Titanium Colored Aluminum Body HRC55 Stainless Steel Blade in a Spring-Loaded Ergonomic Shap

I wanted something better than the $4 cutter found at every tobacco store and gas station because they kept crushing my cigars rather than cutting them. I'm only an occasional (about 1 a month) cigar smoker so it didn't make sense for me to buy a $100 cigar cutter but this one was a good price and the quality has been excellent. I got the Titanium one and I really like the solid feel, it keeps the blades very close to eachother as they slide in which is critical in getting a smooth cut without pinching the cigar. I learned to twist the cigar as the blades made contact with it when I was using the cheap cutters and I continue to do this with the Xikar although it is plenty sharp and it isn't necessary it has simply become a habit.

Like any good, quality item I recommend maintaining it for the best longevity, the best way to do this is to keep the blade clear of any debris. It also travels well as the built in locking mechanism keeps it closed at all times and it fits in a pocket watch sized pocket in slacks and jeans. I would recommend this cutter to anyone who appreciates good cigars and is tired of ruining them with a poorly built, dull cutter.

I bought my cutter few years ago. Worked flawlessly until it locked up and wouldn't open anymore. So I sent it back to Xikar. After a month, I wondered where my cutter was. Took me a week to get in touch with someone at the office, but finally determined that USPS sent it back to KC. They overnighted the cutter back to me after confirming my address. When I got my replacement cutter, it also had issues. I sent it back...after another month, and many posts on their FB page. I finally got it back. Except this time they sent me a silver and not a titanium. Don't really care actually, just glad I finally got a working cutter. While all this was going on, I got tired of using my punch so I bought a $16 Cuban Crafters cutter. My only regret with that is, I wish I bought one sooner. Their policy also states that you will get your return within a week.

In short, if u don't mind that slow customer service at Xikar, then get their cutter. But IMO, their cutters are overpriced and the customer service has a lot of room for improvement. My score would have been higher if it weren't for the CS and having to return my replacement.

0 komentar on Xikar Xi1 Cigar Cutter Titanium :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!